Ir al contenido principal

Post 1 - My Autobiography

Welcome everyone to your first blogging assignment. As you might have noticed in the title of this post, you'll have to write your autobiography. In order to accomplish this mission, you'll have to include at least these pieces of information in your own creation:
  1. Birth
  2. Studies
  3. Family
  4. Hobbies
  5. Others (maybe a picture you would like to describe in connection with your life story)
Posdata: 
  1. Your text should have no less than 120 words
  2. Leave a comment on three of your classmates' posts and another one on mine too, please.

I was born in Santiago, Chile, on November 11th, 1983. I have three sisters. My older sister, Susan, was the first member to go to university in the entire family. Now, she works as a nurse at Hospital Militar. She's married and has one son. My younger sister, Camila, is a computer programmer and is also married to an IT guy. She works for a finance company. And My youngest sister, Natasha, is currently studying to become an illustrator. She loves drawing a whole lot. I am then the second son and only boy in my family, so I grew up  surrounded by women. I guess that's why I have that kind of "artist sensitivity". I think I come from a typical middle-class family in that parents have to make a huge effort to give their children the chances that they didn't have when they were younger.
I carried out both my primary and secondary studies in a little school called Licarayen in La Florida - one of the biggest neighbourhoods located in the south of this monstrous city. I don't really want to tell you about my school days in depth because I hated going to school. I can only say that, back in those days, I was in love with Britpop and Grunge music. After finishing my school days, I didn't really know what to do with my life. I tried various things (military service, music, cooking, working) before I committed myself to study English as my last chance in life. So I did my bachelor's degree at the University of Chile. It was not easy but I finally made it. Once I had a couple of  years working as a teacher of English, I decided to take an MA in linguistics to become a more highly qualified teacher -I hope- and, in turn, be capable of sharing with others what I've learnt.
When I'm not working, I enjoy listening to music, reading and going for a walk to clear my head. I always say that I would like to get back on track with my poetry writing skills but I believe I need a really good incentive to take it as a real job again. You will find some pictures below.


Going for a walk anywhere and anytime I can.





 
A lovely pile of books and cds.



Comentarios

  1. I think it's very important to find inspiration to create something. In reference to what he says about poetry. I can not put my books like that, my cats would sleep on top.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really hope you can write again! :) And your collection of books and cds it reminds me of my house, it's hard to clean when you house is a library.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I do not think you've done military service, I think your choice was the right one, you teach in a very entertaining way.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The capital is a very important book =)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Nice post! I know a lot of people who has studied in the "Licarayen" school

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I did not like school either, and I love finding other people who feel the same!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I think it’s very funny and difficult growing up between many women or vice versa among many men, my dad lived a similar situation and his sisters basically dressed him.

    ResponderEliminar

  8. What an interesting post, I also have three brothers and I am the only woman

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Very impressive collection of cds, teacher

    ResponderEliminar
  10. If you like Rayuela, maibe you could read 62, it is a novel that born from a chapter of Rayuela

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I hated going to school too and your collection of cds is really impressive I wish mine was like that, but I just have one cd of Gorillaz :’D

    ResponderEliminar
  12. life is about learning by the base of concept we provide studela. for the learning people it is very useful one. In studela we provide a video for maths coaching, science projects,bank exam, IAS exam,TNPSC group exam,RRB exam, other compatative exam, kids learning videos and some technology videos are availabe. watch more videos get your view smart

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 3 - What's your favourite piece of technology?

Hello, my dear explorers! The post assignment for this week is: What is your favourite piece of technology? The idea is to develop a quite convincing argument about the piece of technology you personally think it makes your life easier or more confortable if you like. Please, include: What it is When you got it How you use it. How often you use it Why you like it What life would be like without it Posdata: Your post should have no less than 140 words include a picture leave a comment on three of your classmates' posts and another one on your teacher's post as well To be perfectly honest, I am not the kind of person who is really into the latest technology advances. I do not really care about the latest smart mobile phones, TV screens, cars, or even washing machines, being advertised everywhere and everytime. But, I do not deny the fact that technology has changed our lives for better efficient ends. Personally, I do believe that computers with inte

Post 5 - A photograph and its story

Hello, everyone! For post 5, you have to write about a meaningful photograph of yours. The length of your posts should be in no less than 150 words. Remember to leave comments and put up the photo. Try to say: what we can see in the picture when the picture was taken what happened at the moment someone took the picture or what you were doing at that moment  How you felt You might find some useful info by checking out: http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/exams/speaking-exams/describe-photo-or-picture C Minor On a previous post, I said that when I was much younger, I was really into literature, especially into writing poetry. Well, so I think this is the best chance I have to tell you about it. I liked writing poems at school, but I never dared go a step further. So, I just used to write some verses on notepads that no one would ever read or know about, except the girlfriend I had at that time. The thing is that this girlfriend and I used to attend po

Post 7 - A career-related website / an expert on your field

On today's post, we will be talking about some websites or experts on our field we consider important to consult from time to time.  The idea is you do some research and single out those pieces of information you can't miss if you're dealing with any given subject on your field. So you should choose some websites/blogs or experts' work you deem worth visiting or reading. Write a brief outline about them. Explain why those topics and/or authorities are important in your opinion. This time, the length of your posts should be in no less than 170 words, and try to leave comments on everybody's posts as usual. Useful language: Suggest or recommend: https://www.espressoenglish.net/english-phrases-with-recommend-and-suggest/ Should: https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/should Giving advice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cpZ7mGj0Xg http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/flatmates/episode31/languagepoint.shtml Researching I fini